HPCC mini-Virtual Conference
Saturday 23rd October 2021, 15:00 BST (UTC+1)
|Saturday 23rd October 2021|
|Time GMT (UTC)||Duration||Speaker||Subject||Slides||Recording|
|15:00||0:41||Chuck McCord||The HP 9808A/B Unicorn - The Product that Almost Was||Download||Watch|
|15:45||0:35||Sylvain Cote||FRAM71 and FRAM71B Configurator Spreadsheet||Download||Watch|
|16:20||0:25||Chuck McCord||What if? We could have another model in the Voyager Series||Download||Watch|
How to Join
A fixed number of registered attendees will be able to join via Webex. This will allow you to use the conference chat facility to chat to other attendees and to be able to ask question of the presenters and attendees. Although you can use Webex in a desktop web browser, the best experience is through the Webex app. The app is available on most major platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Linux users will have to use the browser version of Webex which has fewer facilities.
To ensure that your equipment is fully compatible with Webex try connecting to this Test call at any time before the conference.
Anyone who does not have an invitation can watch the conference live on YouTube.
The Webex system works best with the Webex Meetings app, providing a full interactive experience.
The Webex app is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. You can also join just using a web browser, which is necessary if you are using Linux. Webex also allows people to dial in from their phones if their broadband is poor. Using a web browser or phone reduces the facilities available.
Webex allows us to switch between different presenters and potentially for many people to speak and appear on video at once. With this flexibility come some downsides, so we strongly urge everyone to adhere to the following:
- Where possible use a separate microphone or headset, rather than those built into your device. This is necessary to reduce background noise if you need to speak and is essential if you are a presenter.
- Please keep your microphone on mute at all times unless you are presenting. Webex allows us to mute all participants, but it appears that we cannot forcibly prevent people from unmuting their microphones.
- We will try to keep everyone muted, but if we are persistently interrupted by people coming off mute we may be forced to eject the person from the conference.
- There is time at the end of each talk for questions, provided we don’t over-run excessively. Please do not interrupt the presenters while they are giving their talks unless specifically invited to do so.
- If you want to ask a question please use the ‘raise hand’ facility (in the participants list in Webex) or the Webex text chat facility. Depending on time available you may then be invited to ask your question over audio/video or we may read your question from the chat for the presenter to answer.
- If you are disconnected from the conference because of network or application problems, simply restart the connection or application and rejoin.
- Webex was chosen by HPCC because it appears to offer the best video quality. If you find that your reception of the conference video is not as good as you were hoping and your Internet connection speed may be the source of the problem, please remember that you can turn the feed from your webcam off.
- The Webex chat facility allows you to text chat to all conference participants or privately to one person. If you want to hold a private discussion, please remember to select the appropriate option.